OnPoint is looking for a Research Analyst for immediate hire. We are looking for an individual to perform complicated industry research, process and analyze large datasets using statistical packages, and conduct advanced graphical, statistical, and econometric analysis. The right candidate will also be able to write in persuasive, non-technical language and communicate with clients. They will also assist in preparing our testifying experts for deposition, and trial testimony. This individual must be able to work under tight deadlines, must be highly rigorous and well organized.
Base salary is competitive (between $70,000 and $85,000) and there is significant bonus potential. Our robust benefits package currently includes, but is not limited to, medical and dental benefits, 401(k), life and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending account.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Identifying key economic and factual issues
- Analyzing market characteristics and industry dynamics
- Reviewing relevant academic literature
- Performing graphical and data analysis
- Designing and building econometric and/or financial models
- Writing computer code to process large, proprietary datasets for analysis
- Preparing memos, expert reports, trial exhibits, and other presentation materials
- Communicating effectively with clients and experts
- Working in collaborative teams to maximize individual contribution
To be considered, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in economics, with a master’s degree preferred. Previous experience in economic consulting is a plus but is not required.
The position is highly quantitative and analytical. Candidates should possess:
- High level of competence with economics, math, and statistics
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, including graphing, pivot table, and lookup functions
- General coding ability and experience working with data
- Proficiency in Stata or SAS a must; other packages, such as R and Python, also helpful
- Experience with library and online research, including academic literature searches
In addition, candidates must be able to think analytically and critically. This position requires intellectual curiosity, but it also requires efficiency. Our Research Analysts must exercise extreme attention to detail in developing answers to difficult questions using sometimes limited information. Candidates must also be detailed orientated with excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to work to schedule and maximize contributions from other team members is required for rapid development. We frequently work under tight deadlines, so commitment, a high energy level, and a good sense of humor are important attributes.
Please introduce yourself using the form below by providing your current contact information. Please upload your cover letter and resume before attempting to submit this form. We look forward to hearing from you!
"*" indicates required fields